He's so smart. That's why I married him. That and his grilled steak.
This was a tough task for me. I wanted a top 75. But I agonized and bit my fingernails and managed to pare it down. So here it is, Angel in the Kitchen's Top 10 Recipes So Far, in No Particular Order, and Subject to Change at Any Time:
- Roasted Red Pepper Meatballs: These are incredibly versatile as either an appetizer or in a variety of main dishes. Whenever I make them for parties or potlucks, people fawn over me. I like being fawned over.
- Shrimp Scampi: I invented this recipe so the hubby didn't have to rely on restaurants; he says it tops every other version he's tried. He makes this more frequently than any other dish now. (You can also check out the chicken version.)
- Spicy Grilled Potatoes: This recipe is a hubby invention, and can be spiced up or down to suit your tastes. It's our most popular summer side dish, and it pairs well with almost anything.
- Fudge Truffle Cheesecake: This is the mother of all cheesecakes. It has unbeatable flavor and a perfectly rich texture. The hubby doesn't understand why I'd ever try any other cheesecake recipe, ever again, because this is It.
- Steak and Pepper Fajitas: I wasn't present during the documentation of this recipe; I just attempted to put it all down on paper later. Food aside, this one is worth a read just for the hubby's photography.
- Grilled Veggie-Stuffed Tomatoes: This is our most anticipated grilling recipe every year, especially when we're the lucky recipients of garden produce in late summer. I think the hubby would eat these every day. (Pardon the bad photography; I obviously hadn't yet discovered the concept of a "flash.")
- Potstickers: I can't make these often enough, and again, the hubby and I think our version beats any other we've tried. Of course, we're biased. The hubby had me teach him how to make these. You know, in case things don't work out between us, and he wants to teach his next wife. He could possibly live without me, but he can't live without his potstickers.
- Barbecued Pork Sandwiches: This is one of the easiest and cheapest meals I make, and it's easily my most requested recipe. In fact, it's so easy that I'm almost embarrassed to share it. But hey, if the shortcuts taste better than the long version ...
- Chipotle-Cheddar Mashed Potatoes: These are our favorite mashed potatoes -- smokey and cheesy, but not overly spicy. (I've been told they're even kid friendly.) But be forewarned; once you've tried these, all other mashed potatoes are bland by comparison.
- Jumbo Chocolate-Toffee-Cream Cheese Muffins: Jumbo muffun-making is a hobby, and I have several yummy inventions in my collection. (Some of which I have yet to post -- gasp!) Everyone has their favorite variety; the hubby and I both love these best. They take some work, but they taste like a decadent dessert rather than a dry, ol' muffin. But I still eat them for breakfast.