Friday, May 29, 2009

Smoked Turkey, Bacon, and Pepperjack Paninis

This is quick not-quite-recipe/recipe-sort of idea, but it's been a busy day. Even though I had the day off, I've had a lot of appointments, company, shopping, and pies.

More on the pies later. They're still in the oven.

I picked up some good, chewy bread at the store this morning, so supper tonight was sammiches for the hubby and a panini for me. This is one of my favorite panini combinations of all time (and I'll put anything in a panini). I used to order something similar to this at a sandwich spot called 25th Street Market before it closed, and this sandwich was the reason I bought a panini maker. I missed them.

It's a super-quick weeknight meal, so you eat and bake more pies. You should always find time for pie.

Smoked Turkey, Bacon, and Pepperjack Paninis
Makes 1 panini

6-8 loaf good, chewy bread
Butter
Dried Italian seasoning
2-3 oz. deli smoked turkey
3 slices cooked bacon
1-2 slices pepperjack cheese

1. Preheat a panini grill or heavy skillet.

2. Slice bread in half horizontally. Butter the outsides of the bread and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.

3. Lay bottom bread in panini maker, and top with turkey, bacon, and cheese. Add top half of bread.

4. Cook using panini maker (or place a weighted skillet on the sandwich in the frying pan). Cook until golden brown and crispy, and cheese is melted.

3 comments:

Heather S-G said...

This looks awesome! I love paninis and secretly throw myself a pity-party every time I see one since I do not have a panini grill:( Great flavor combo, too...and I have to agree, there's always room for pie!

chow and chatter said...

looks great i love my panini maker also Rebecca

Spryte said...

I LOVE panini!! That looks AWESOME!