- Due to popular demand (one request), I added a "low-fat" tag for my recipes that are lighter. I mention this only because I apologize if this messed up your RSS feeds. I'll try not to do it again.
- The hubby recommends: Norman's Prime Steaks & Seafood. We went here for our anniversary, and the hubby had the best steak of his life (even better than what he ate in Chicago). Also, the staff wrote "Happy Anniversary" in hot fudge on our cheesecake plate.
- The hubby recommends even more: Kobe's, at the old Mandarin location. (And thanks to Sarah K. for the heads-up on this opening.) We've eaten there twice in the past week, and I think the hubby wants to move in. The ingredients are exceptionally fresh, the sushi was right up there with anything the hubby has had, and the plating is gorgeous. Seriously. The hubby's plate of peppered tuna had a fiber optic light under the bean sprouts.
- See Star Trek, even if you're not a Trekkie. Especially if you're not a Trekkie. ESPECIALLY if you're not a Trekkie, but you're married to one. Even if you're narcoleptic and pregnant and your Trekkie spouse wants to go see it at 10 p.m. on opening night, which is also a school night. You won't regret it.
- Our basement is now water-free. We were on water restrictions for most of last week because we had an unknown leak. That meant no dishwasher. Which meant no cooking. (Someone mentioned "washing dishes by hand." I don't understand.)
That is all. Live long and prosper.