Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yes, it Happens

A few weeks ago, a friend asked me -- probably in jest -- what it is that I eat when I'm not posting to my blog. (As if I'm hiding all the really good stuff.) Most of the time, it's leftovers. Occasionally it's something quick, like omelets or Subway. (Or corndogs.)

But once in a while, it's ... well, let me tell you a little story.

I was really hungry for barbecued chicken this week. My outdoor grill and I are experiencing some separation anxiety. So I decided to make a little summer-type spread for super.

I came home from work and immediately got to work on some garlic mashed potatoes and low-fat slaw with scallions, cilantro, and lime dressing. And then I got started on the chicken.

I rinsed the chicken.
I rubbed the chicken.
I baked the chicken.
I grilled the chicken.
I basted the chicken.
I photographed the chicken.

I tasted the chicken.

Then I made a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

The End.

No comments: