I made these simple cookies for Jack to take to daycare recently, and they were a huge hit. They're quick, they're easy, they're super-cute, and they taste good. And they have red noses. What more do you need?
To make these even easier, go ahead and substitute a 17.5-ounce package of peanut butter cookie mix for the peanut butter, brown sugar, and egg.
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
24 red M&Ms
48 chocolate chips
24 pretzel sticks, cut in fourths
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine peanut butter and brown sugar. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Divide dough into 24 balls and place on baking sheets.
4. Dip a glass in sugar and flatten each dough ball to about 1/2-inch thick.
5. Slightly pinch in the bottoms of each cookie to form the chins on the Rudolph faces.
6. Add the M&Ms as the noses, and the chocolate chips for the eyes. Poke 4 pretzel pieces into the tops to form the antlers.
7. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown. Let sit on cookie sheet until cookies are sturdy enough to be moved to cooling racks.
8. Let cool completely before serving.