Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brief hiatus

My apologies for the brief break; the hubby and I are on day seven of a rigorous painting schedule. I don't have a lot of painting experience, although I painted most of the main level of our house a few years ago.

This has been a learning experience for us. For example:
  • Men pick out paint colors much more quickly than women. "Which is better, A or B? B or C?" It's like a trip to the eye doctor. We worked our way through dozens of paint chips in three minutes.
  • Painting walls red is a lot of work. We're four coats and some tinted primer in, and it still isn't perfect, but I give up.
  • Painting furniture red is rather fun.
  • White dogs and red paint don't mix. Or maybe Charlie was making a fashion statement.
  • I am good at edging along ceilings. The hubby is much better at everything else.
  • Bending over is nearly impossible. How do most people do it?

We'll be back to normal soon. Carry on.

No comments: