A few random notes:
- I bit the bullet and entered a photo in the Best Foodie Foto contest at Hey What's For Dinner Mom? So go on over and vote. Not necessarily for me, but for whichever picture makes your mouth water the most.
- Baby showers are awesome. Family and friends -- even those you haven't seen in many, many years -- just show up and give you baby stuff. It's amazing. Our baby will no longer be naked until it grows into its superhero t-shirt collection.
- I'm easily distracted by baby shoes. Even though, deep down, I know a newborn baby doesn't actually need shoes.
- The hubby needs scotcheroos. STAT. I apologize for the abruptness of this post.
Last week I needed a chocolate fix, and I made these bars from The Ungourmet blog. Because I can't resist anything with Nutella. After I started the bars, I realized I do not own an 11" x 7" pan. I live about four blocks from a Walmart, Target, Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond, and mall, but I was already in my jammies. And, you know, there's really no going back once you're in your jammies. So I used a 9" x 13" pan and cooked the bars 18-20 minutes, instead, and they turned out great.
Outta This World Cookie Bars from The Ungourmet
1 stick butter, softened
1 c. dark brown sugar
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (I increased this slightly from the original recipe)
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped hazelnuts
6 tsp. Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour an 11" x 7" pan. (This just helps the bars come out of the pan more easily.)
3. Combine butter and brown sugar, and then beat in egg.
4. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Stir to combine.
5. Place dollops of Nutella over dough and use a knife to swirl it through the dough.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. If you can.
P.S. I couldn't.