Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You don't know Jack

And to be honest, I'm still trying to figure him out, myself.

I had big plans to try a bunch of new recipes last week. But I lost all my ambition around, oh, Tuesday-ish. Instead, I made a big pot of shredded beef tacos and dined on leftovers all week.

The little man has developed a bit of a sensitive stomach, and lying down isn't the most comfortable for him after he's eaten. And he eats almost every hour. The remedy? Lots and lots of snuggling.

It's been therapeutic for both of us. We cuddle. We read books (I do about 95% of the reading). We drink milk. We burp. We talk. To think, just a few short weeks ago, the little man was a total stranger to me. And now I know enough to have developed a dossier.

Name: Jack
Known aliases: Little man, Jack-baby, Creepy
Likes: Milk (a.k.a. Creepy juice), fuzzy jammies, fleece blankets, mirrors, pacifiers, his hands
Dislikes: Short sleeves, socks, spitting up, sleeping in the dark, baths, getting into his carseat
Hobbies: Snuggling, lifting his head, belching like a man, scratching his own face, turning all Mom's t-shirts into v-necks
Other notes: Smells like milk

And here are a few photos of him in his various guises.

Awake and alert:

He's the one on the left.

Suspicious:

He's totally on to you. Or maybe you're supposed to steal third.

Bored:

He finds Food Network tedious. They're pretty focused on solid food.

Relaxed:

This is what listening to Sarah McLachlan does to a little man.

Asleep:

We only hope that someday, he's this happy when he's awake.

See? Mystery solved. It was time well spent.

8 comments:

Palidor said...

Awww, what an adorable little guy! This is such an amazing time for you. BTW, I have an award for you on my blog!

DandeLion Soup said...

"You don't know Jack" a game right up my alley :) Thanks for sharing the pictures of Jack. He's so adorable. And seeing your pictures of all of his different faces reminds me of Raleigh when he was little. Specifically, this blog: http://dandeelionsoup.blogspot.com/2006/12/many-faces-of-raleigh.html

Have a great weekend!

Carla said...

He is so adorable! Glad you guys are settling in.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Heather S-G said...

He is so stinkin' beautiful :) Such a great post...I laughed and teared up a bit...because I, too, am a baby.

Esme said...

He is adorable.

Diana H said...

He is just beautiful. Chowder season is upon us, he might like food network a little better during chowder season.

Spryte said...

OMG he's ADORABLE!!!!!