Friday, March 25, 2011

A little light housekeeping

In an unexpected turn of events, the hubby and I are trying to get our house on the market. We're sort of committed to buying another. So while we're cleaning and repairing and decluttering, my posting will be sporadic.

More sporadic than usual, you ask? Why, yes, if that's possible.

I haven't sworn off cooking altogether or anything. We're just cutting some corners and trying to use up some of our food horde, and are reluctant to mess up the kitchen repeatedly. (The little man's "I only eat vegetables and toast for supper" phase couldn't have come at a more opportune time.)

We're also keeping a few convenience foods on hand for really busy nights where we don't want to break from painting or packing. As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I recently received a coupon to try an Alexia product. I could only find a few varieties locally, but the waffle fries were downright amazing. Even oven-baked instead of fried. I'll be keeping these on hand regardless of the whole moving business.

If you have other ideas for good, healthy convenience foods or super-fast recipes, please send them my way! Oh, and boxes. Please send boxes.

No comments: