It's been so cold here lately that even Blogger froze up. I've been trying to upload a few posts all week, but my pictures won't load on my computer. Apparently it works fine on the hubby's, so I lured him away from his computer with some of this tart, and got to work.
This isn't your everyday dessert, but would be wonderful to serve to company or to finish off a dinner party. It was a perfect treat for the hubby and I today, because we've been trying to eat better but still allow ourselves to indulge once in a while. (We had the whole indulging vs. overeating discussion, so we each limited ourselves to a tiny sliver.)
Dagnabbit, I just can't do it.
Bittersweet Chocolate TartServes 8-10
Crust1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp. butter, melted1/8 tsp. salt
Filling10 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 c. heavy cream1/2 c. Nutella
1/8 tsp. salt2-3 Tbsp. toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and salt, and press crust onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake crust for 7 minutes, and then cool completely.
4. Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate.
6. Pour mixture over cooled crust and top with hazelnuts.
7. Let chill in freezer for 25 minutes, or in fridge for 2-3 hours. Remove sides of pan before serving.