Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flourless Monster Cookies

The hubby and I were talking this weekend about some of the most enjoyable freedoms of adulthood. For example, we can buy what we want. Go to bed when we want. Get haircuts when we want. And make cookies for supper.

I've had a monster craving for monster cookies lately, and I have a handful of recipes that I want to try. I chose this version because it was the only recipe that made a smaller batch. Meaning the other recipes would require some math on my part. And I just wasn't in a math mood.

(By the way, if you happened to send this recipe to me, can you let me know so I can give you the proper credit? It's like the recipe fairy left it under my pillow.)

These cookies are flourless, so they get their substance primarily from the peanut butter and oatmeal. I like to pretend they're healthier that way. Even with the chocolate chips and M&Ms.

Flourless Monster Cookies
Makes 30

2 eggs
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. butter, softened
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
2/3 c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. M&Ms

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients in order, mixing well.

3. Use an ice cream or cookie scoop to place dough on ungreased baking sheets. (My cookie scoop is quite a bit smaller than an ice cream scoop, and I like it that way. So these are sort of mini-monster cookies.)

I also sort of squash my cookies down before I put them in the oven. I don't know that it makes a difference, but I like to give my cookies a head start in life.

4. Bake 12-15 minutes, and let cool on racks.

6 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

Flourless + Peanut Butter= Yes please, and a glass of milk too! :)

Cathy said...

Looks delicious - I love m & m's in cookies.

Carla and Michael said...

This recipe looks versatile. You could switch up the chocolate for any number of additional ingredients. Great recipe to have on hand as a base recipe.

Judy said...

These cookies are right up my alley. I like that there's no flour in them. And of course they're healthy.

PS. I'm having a really good giveaway on my blog. Please come over and enter. The winner will choose from 2 prizes, each valued at about $40. Deadline is March 31.

Bo said...

Monster cookies are my favorite! Yum and I love flourless peanut butter cookies. I so want to try these.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You are the winner of the Romantic Giveaway over at Moogie & Pap. If you would please email me your address, I will have your gifts mailed out to you. Thanks so much for entering and being a follower. Enjoy!

jamathias1@aol.com