Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chewy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cookies

I saw this recipe while flipping through a magazine, and it looked like a great, quick dessert option. The hubby loves chocolate cookies, the little man loves peanut butter, and I ... thought it needed some chocolate chips.

I was right. I usually am.

Just kidding.

Except when it comes to chocolate chips. Then I usually AM right.

This recipe comes together incredibly quickly, but I would highly recommend using a stand mixer. I figured the mixture would be too crumbly to stir by hand, so I tried a good-quality hand mixer ... and it just didn't quite cut the mustard. So I switched to the stand mixer, and voila!

You can omit the chocolate chips. Or add more. Or add something else, like peanut butter chips. Or peanuts. Go crazy! (Or go nuts. I'm flexible.)

Chewy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies

1 box devil's food cake mix
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 c. chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Place cake mix, cream cheese, peanut butter, and egg in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes.

3. Stir in chocolate chips.

You should probably also test some of the batter, in the name of quality control.

4. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with your hands or with a fork dipped in sugar. (With the chocolate chips in the batter, it's sort of easier to use your hands.)

5. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookies sheets for a few minutes before removing to cooling racks.

No comments: