Monday, December 27, 2010

Pillsbury review and some housekeeping

I mentioned in my last post that we'd been inundated with illnesses and work deadlines, and I think I was just jinxing myself for more. Although my work deadlines are now on hold for the holidays, you can't swing a dead cat* in this house without hitting a sick human.

The hubby, little man, and I did not have the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving, unless you count the mozzarella sticks from the hospital cafeteria. (Which, at the time, were about the best thing I've ever eaten.) We had to cancel our family holiday portraits, so those of you on my Christmas card list might be receiving Arbor Day cards. And on the one day that I'd set aside for holiday baking, I woke up with the virus that the little man had earlier in the week.

Jack takes this "season for giving" thing very literally.

We left town for a week, and just returned ... to get sick again. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I do have some blog posts planned, because I have actually made a few edible dishes these past few weeks. But in the meantime, I wanted to belatedly post a product review for Pillsbury pie crusts. Pillsbury generously provided a coupon, information, and the following prize pack through MyBlogSpark.


I have to admit that I didn't try anything new and crazy with my pie crust, but as we do every fall, we visited my parents to help with their fall cleanup and their apple-picking. This also entails making a big pot of beef stew and an apple pie with the fresh apples and Pillsbury pie crust.

It feels odd posting a review of Pillsbury pie crust, because I've been a huge fan for years. I use them all the time for pies and other desserts, pot pies, empanadas, you name it. This isn't just an issue of laziness, although it is so much easier just to unroll that package; I honestly haven't had a pie crust that rivals the taste of texture of Pillsbury's.

And, as with the first apple pie of every fall, I'm convinced that this was the best apple pie that I've ever had. But I'm pretty sure I was right this time.

*Note: We do not actually advocate the swinging of cats, dead or otherwise. We like cats.

2 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Hey... we came within just a couple days of spending Christmas in the hospital. Jackie (my wife) was in isolation for three days and even now is only eating pudding at best. She has a long month ahead of her.

But all in all... perspective keeps us going, could have been much worse, and bound to get better

angelinthekitchen said...

Dave, that's awful! My best to you both in hopes of a speedier recovery. But as you said, it's all about keeping things in perspective. We haven't had to deal with anything serious, for which we're so grateful!