Monday, July 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

It's my birthday. Have a cookie.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
(Recipe adapted from Real Simple)
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen

1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. dark brown sugar (can substitute light brown sugar)
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 c. flour
12 oz. miniature peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped (I added some milk chocolate chips, because someone had been sneaking my peanut butter cups)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cream together butter and sugars, and then mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flour. Gently fold in the peanut butter cups.

3. Place tablespoonfuls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. (I always shape the dough into semi-flat disks, just to give the cookies a head start.)

4. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden, and let cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

1 comment:

Tami said...

My cookie monsters would gobble these right up. I see me making these in the near future!

I wandered across your blog today to find that you had given me an award back in November. Thank you!!!

I'm adding you to my blog roll, too! :)

Tami